October 18, 2004
3 quarter circle
I expected a sms this morning. In fact, it was the first beep that I was looking forward to after the alarm clock in my handphone went off at 0610h. Beep, it did. Slightly past 7am.
Apple, Kyn, Wenn and me. 4 of us. 4 very different personalities. Fierce vs mild-tempered; Aggressive vs accomodating; Creative vs practical... you get the idea. But, we fit in nicely in this circle of giving and taking amongst friends. That goes to show at least one thing - we are very tolerant people.
Wenn beeped me when she got back from her Beijing trip this morning. If not for my getting-out-of-hand tuition sessions, I would have been able to meet her in 2 hours time for some tea.
I guess, you don't really feel it when someone close to you is away, especially when you have work to keep you occupied, very occupied. But, when you know she's coming back, it's the anticipation of having her back on this very same part of the world that keeps you spirited. And, only when she's back do you realise how much difference it makes. I had the exact same feeling when Kyn came back for a visit 3 months ago. It feels like... well, more complete.
Hence, while I keep telling Apple that her dream of living in Aust is realisable and she should work hard towards it, I know that it will be different without her aggressive, fierce presense around, and of course, the very entertaining gossip she is so capable of regurgitating time and again, AND the fervour she tells it with even if it's for the 4th time.
But, that will be in a couple more years' time. Meanwhile, I'm really happy to have Wenn back and I can't wait for Kyn to get her stream-lined body and stylishly-messy hair back for Chinese New Year. That 1 quarter of the circle.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 14:33